3D Design Bureau live in the ever expanding Prop Tech arena. We offer digital construction services in the form of creative and technical 3D solutions.
As many of Ireland’s businesses close their doors and the world adjusts to a more housebound lifestyle, it’s a well-timed feature that Irish real estate agents begin offering 3D virtual tours of their residential and commercial properties.
Since the Coronavirus outbreak and the government announced the closure of all “non-essential” businesses, real-estate agents such as Sherry Fitzgerald and DNG have completely ended physical viewings and turned towards 3D virtual tours.
While Irish real-estate sales are likely to significantly drop during the pandemic, rolling out a technologically-advanced 3D solution across properties like Matterport is bringing hope to the industry.
As buyers are increasingly purchasing properties without ever stepping foot in them. In a recent survey conducted by Matterport, over half would purchase a property sight-unseen if there was a 3D virtual tour available online.
Glenn Kelman, CEO of Seattle-based real estate brokerage, Redfin, believes 3D virtual tours “can sell homes just as effectively without an open house.” The technology-powered real estate brokerage uses a Matterport provider to capture digital twins of every home it lists so buyers can explore every nook and cranny of a property for sale at any time.
Kelman was asked what realtors could do to keep selling properties on CNBC. Referring to Matterport, he recommended “using a 3D camera to scan your home. You don’t have to have an open house. There are technologies that we have available – that other brokers have available – to create that experience online.”
While the American market has become accustomed to purchasing properties online, experts reckon that Irish buyers have not completely transitioned to buying online.
Nicholas Polley, MD of 3D Design Bureau, believes that virtual tours result in more qualified leads and faster selling times but not online sales.
In an interview on iPropertyRadio, Polley commented “A virtual tour is an amazing further step in the buying process. Potential buyers are able to filter through properties in depth before physical viewings which results in more qualified leads for real-estate agents.”
“3D virtual tours were a valuable tool even before the outbreak. You’re giving potential buyers 24/7 access to your property with an immersive and detailed tour.”
Benefits of using 3D Virtual Tours for Real Estate
Matterport 3D Virtual Tours has a Measurable Effect on Real Estate Transactions
Results from two separate studies indicate that listings with a Matterport 3D virtual walkthrougs sell for a higher price and can spend less time on market than homes listed using a traditional marketing package.
- Closed at 4-9% higher sale price, depending on the market
- Sold up to 31% faster
Using 3D Virtual Tours for Marketing
As the online world becomes more crowded and competitive it’s important to make sure that properties stand out on real estate websites and on social media.
With Matterport 3D Virtual tours you can:
- Generate 3D virtual tours, 4K print quality photos, schematic floor plans, guided and video tours.
- Share on social media sites easily, such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Publish to Google Street View, VRBO, and Realtor.com.
- Embed your 3D space on a website.
- Attracting more qualified prospects by giving viewers the most complete representation of a property, filtering out those the property may not be right while also attracting leads that are genuinely interested in a property.
Creating a Digital Twin of your Property with Matterport
With Matterport scans you can digitise and view a property from multiple angles, build functionality on top of it, get accurate measurements, and more. With a single scan, you can automatically create 3D walk-throughs, 4K print quality photos, schematic floor plans, OBJ files, point clouds, videos, and more:
- In-Tour Tags: Embed annotations and media into the digital twin to highlight key features of a property.
- HD Photos: 4K print quality photography automatically generated.
- Guided Tours: Automatically generate video tours that highlight the attributes of a property
- Floor Plans: Generate schematic floor plans of a property.
- Measurements: Ability to measure any aspect of a space, such as walls, windows, furniture, and more.
3D Virtual Tours to Explore: